Molise – Events
Events in Molise are strictly connected to agriculture or to religious traditions. Among these:
– the Mysteries Feast, a long procession of thirteen allegorical floats (Mysteries) that takes place in Campobasso on the day of Corpus Christi.
– the Feast of Wheat in Jelsi symbolizes the joy of the harvest to honor Saint Anne and takes place in Jelsi every year on July 26th.
– the Zampogna (bagpipe) International Festival, in Scapoli, in late July.
– the Grape Festival, in Riccia, in October.
– the ‘Ndocciata Christmas fire show in Agnone, every year on the second Saturday of December and on the Christmas Eve
– the Faglia event with the lighting of a huge 13-meter candle in front of the church. on Christmas Eve in Oratino (Campobasso)
A very original event is the Carnival in Tufara, a traditional feast of Mardi Gras, also known as “The Devil of Tufara” because its main character is the Devil.
Welcome to the region of Campobasso and Isernia.
Here is still living the Marsicano bear, you may see the sheep tracks of transhumance and you may appreciate the full taste of “caciocavallo” cheese and the special salami called “capocollo”.