Turin Film Festival
From 22 November to 30 November 2019, a showcase for independent filmmakers
Turin Film Festival (TFF) takes place from November 22nd to November 30th, 2019. Started out in 1982 as Festival internazionale Cinema giovani, TFF has become the second largest film festival in Italy, following the Venice Film Festival.
The goal of the festival is to showcase innovative and experimental films, especially by supporting young independent filmmakers.
Since its origin, TFF has been conceived as a urban festival in close contact with the city and its inhabitants, paying particular attention to young people’s needs.
The festival also comprises competitive sections. The categories “Debut films” and “Films about youth” are now part of a single section, “Feature film competition”.
In 1995, TFF established Cipputi Award for the best film about the working world.
TFF directors since 1982:
- 1982 – 1983: Gianni Rondolino and Ansano Giannarelli
- 1984 – 1988: Gianni Rondolino
- 1989 – 1998: Alberto Barbera
- 1999 – 2002: Stefano Della Casa
- 2003 – 2006: Roberto Turigliatto and Giulia D’Agnolo Vallan
- 2007 – 2008: Nanni Moretti
- 2009 – 2012: Gianni Amelio
- 2013: Paolo Virzì
- 2014 – : Emanuela Martini
(Cover photo: TFF Facebook page)Go to the website Turin Film Festival