Turin Film Festival – Turin
From 25 November to 3 December 2022. A showcase for independent filmmakers
Turin Film Festival (TFF) takes place from November 25th to December 3rd, 2022. Started out in 1982 as Festival internazionale Cinema giovani, TFF has become the second largest film festival in Italy, following the Venice Film Festival.
The goal of the festival is to showcase innovative and experimental films, especially by supporting young independent filmmakers.
Since its origin, TFF has been conceived as a urban festival in close contact with the city and its inhabitants, paying particular attention to young people’s needs.
The 2022 program includes 4 competitive sections: International Feature Film Competition, International Documentary Competition, Italian Documentary Competition, Italian Short Film Competition. In addition two non competitive sections: Out of Competition, dedicated to the most interesting production of the current year and some Special Programs.
In 1995, TFF established Cipputi Award for the best film about the working world.
TFF directors since 1982:
- 1982 – 1983: Gianni Rondolino and Ansano Giannarelli
- 1984 – 1988: Gianni Rondolino
- 1989 – 1998: Alberto Barbera
- 1999 – 2002: Stefano Della Casa
- 2003 – 2006: Roberto Turigliatto and Giulia D’Agnolo Vallan
- 2007 – 2008: Nanni Moretti
- 2009 – 2012: Gianni Amelio
- 2013: Paolo Virzì
- 2014 -2019: Emanuela Martini
- 2020 – 2021: Stefano Francia Di Celle
- 2022 – 2023: Stefano Della Casa
Torino Film Festival
Tel. +39 011 8138811 or send an email>>>
See also the Facebook page for updates>>>
(Cover photo: TFF Facebook page)
AND AFTER THE FESTIVAL?
What else happens, what can you see and do in Piedmont? Click the link>>>
Do you know the traditional food of Piedmont?>>>
And its fine wines? Discover them>>>