Pumpkin Regional Fair – Piozzo
More than 500 varieties of pumpkin and sweet and savory delicacies to taste. 29 September-1 October.
The small town of Piozzo, in the Province of Cuneo, turns orange from Friday, September 29th, to Sunday, October 1st, 2017 for the 24th edition of the Pumpkin Regional Fair.
The Fair, entirely dedicated to the autumnal vegetable and its products, showcases more than 500 types of pumpkin in a unique outdoor technical-scientific exhibition. All pumpkins, that can be bought by visitors, are grown in Piozzo, but using seeds from all over the world.
Unmissable events are the ones with chef Fabio Luca, who gorgeously carves pumpkins of every shape and color, and with Danilo Raimondo, who makes musical instruments out of dried vegetables.
Great classics of the Pumpkin Regional Fair are:
– “Laboratorio del Gusto“, with pumpkin tastings, on Saturday and Sunday afternoon;
– workshops + guided tour of the fair for schools and children on Saturday afternoon;
– a photo contest that also includes Instagram photos (use the hashtag #fieradellazucca!);
– “Dolci alla zucca“ contest, which awards the tastiest pumpkin dessert;
– and of course the giant pumpkins, with the heaviest weighing over 537 kg.
Brand-new are the pumpkin-based menus offered for lunch and dinner by Osteria del Viandante in Fiera. On Friday evening, dinner and buffet, plus musical entertainment by DJ Boogia Boogia.
And then, stalls offering pumpkin delicacies such as bomboloni, muffins, chocolate pralines, risottos, minestrone soups. Every dish, made with local ingredients and following traditional recipees, can be re-made by visitors at home thanks to the “made in Piozzo” recipe book.
(photos: event’s official website)Go to the website Pumpkin Regional Fair – Piozzo