International Furniture Fair – Milan
21-26 April 2020. Milan becomes the capital of Design
The Salone Internazionale del Mobile (International Furniture Fair), this year at its 59th edition, is the international event taking place in Milan, regarding furnishing and accessories design. It takes place from April 20th to 26th, 2020.
Every year, the Salone del Mobile attracts from all over the world to the “Capital of Design” a huge number of operators, visitors, designers, buyers, journalists, architects and students with a passion for design.
More than 370.000 visitors from 188 countries and more than 5.000 journalists came to Milano in the past year.
Beyond the exhibition, by the time also the so-called “Fuori Salone” – “Outside the fair” is a huge program of exhibitions, parties, show-rooms… taking place in town. It became more and more successful occupying locations in different areas of Milan. Among the most trendy district in Milan, there is Via Tortona.
The exhibition is held in Fiera Milano Rho, which hosts simultaneously 7 exhibitions:
– Salone Internazionale del Mobile with 2.000 exhibitors including 650 designers of SaloneSatellite and 30% of them are foreign corporates;
– The International furnishing accessories exhibition: 200 exhibitors distributed in more than 10.000 sqm space, with a wide variety of products – furnishing accessories, objects, decorations – and styles, from classic to modern to design;
–Eurocucina, FTK – Technology For the Kitchen, every two years. Over 23,000 square meters dedicated to high-quality kitchens and to this increasingly interesting sector
– the International Bathroom Exhibition, the youngest market represented inside the Salone del Mobile, where it’s possible to see the innovation trend of the companies and the Bathroom’s evolution, from a commodity room to a space dedicated to relaxation and well-being
– SaloneSatellite, showcasing the talents of under 35 designers from different international schools of design. Since 2010, the SaloneSatellite Award has been promoting communication between young designers and exhibitors;
–S.Project, design products and decorative and technical interior and outdoor design solutions.
–Workplace 3.0, design and technology in a smart and innovative workspace.
At the Salone del Mobile on stage also:
– the best proposals of furniture for office, banks and assurance institutes, mail offices and public environment;
– chairs for office and communities;
– acoustic elements;
– internal divisions and coverings;
– audio-video technologies and technical systems;
– security’s system.
(photos: event’s official website)Go to the website International Furniture Fair – Milan