CastelBrando Museum – Cison di Valmarino
Weapons, costumes, musical instruments and carriages in a castle in Veneto. All year long
Just guided visits by reservation – phone +39.347.2733,464
For opening hours and reservations please send a mail >>>
Guided tours for groups of few people on routes designed to allow interpersonal distancing
Along the way, stations for hand sanitation
It is mandatory to wear a safety mask and to keep an interpersonal distance of at least 1 meter.
Children: up to 5 years for free – aged 6 to 11 years ticket al 50%
THE PIZZERIA-RESTAURANT “LA FUCINA” IS OPEN TOO
For reservation call +39 0438 97665 – +39.348.450.2378 – +39.349.428 1378 or send an email >>>
CastelBrando is both a Museum and a Hotel representing a fascinating mix of periods and styles and one of the oldest and largest castles in Europe.
Inside the Roman fortress, there is CastelBrando Museum, a true story keeper enabling visitors to take a trip back in time, a journey through history that develops through the majestic entrance staircase, the noble rooms, the seventeenth-century halls and the “Hall of Emblems,” up until the terraces and gardens overlooking the enchanting Prosecco wine hills.
The museum is open all year round and is divided into 6 areas hosting pictorial and thematic exhibitions.
Outdoor areas, accessible to anyone:
– Historical carriages – placed in the castle’s eighteenth-century cryptoporticus, are exposed carts and carriages built between the 18th and the 19th century. Among them, there is also an accurately reproduced Roman biga. The carriages tell the story and evolution of means of transport up until the invention of cars.
Inside the castle: one area is open with free entry during the opening hours of La Fucina Pizzeria Restaurant
– Romana Claudia Augusta Road – iconographic path investigating the story of the ancient Claudia Augusta road, linking the Adriatic Sea to the Danube. The road was named after Emperor Claudius who completed it around 47AD.
The further 3 sections can be visited just by guided tours:
– CastelBrando Weapons and Music – an exhibition of weapons and armors from the Roman Empire to the eighteenth century. And the history and evolution of musical instruments from ancient times to the Baroque period. Complete and semi-finished instruments are accompanied by pictures and descriptions.
– Power and justice – a tour of the Castle’s old prisons where visitors can feel in the different spaces the mood of a trial of the end of the 17th century.
– The costumes of the power– in San Martino Church’s sacristy, some of the most representative historical figures of the territory and of the castle are presented by multimedia effects: Emperor Claudius, who built Via Claudia Augusta, the Doge Marin Falier, Da Camino’s family… Through their costumes and their stories, visitors can recreate part of Veneto history.
For these 3 sections, the castle offers two guided itineraries:
– Route A (1 hour): a tour of the indoor and outdoor areas and of the castle and of the museum sections “CastelBrando in Arms” and “Power and Justice”,
– Route B (1 hour and a half): tour of the indoor and outdoor areas of the castle and of 3 museum sections “CastelBrando in Arms and Music”, “Power and Justice”, “The costumes of Power” in the Church of San Martino.
More Information >>>