Verona Opera Festival at the Great Arena
June 16th to September 9th 2023 the most famous Italian opera festival
The Verona Opera Festival was organized first in 1913, with Aida. The festival was realized thanks to the tenor Giovanni Zenatello and to the actor Ottone Rovato as a centennial commemoration of Giuseppe Verdi, born in 1813.
The 2023 season is taking place from June 16th to September 9th, 2023 and this year is reaching its 100th edition.
As every summer, the huge Roman amphitheater turns into the largest open-air opera house in the world (about 10,000 seats).
Operas scheduled for 2023:
– Aida by Giuseppe Verdi
– Carmen by Georges Bizet
– Il Barbiere di Siviglia by Gioachino Rossini
– Rigoletto by Giuseppe Verdi
– La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi.
– Nabucco by Giuseppe Verdi
– Tosca by Giacomo Puccini
– Madama Butterfly by Giacomo Puccini
– July 19, Roberto Bolle and Friends
– July 23, Juan Diego Floréz
– August 6, Plácido Domingo
– August 20, Jonas Kaufmann
– August 31, concerto dell’Orchestra del Teatro alla Scala