Middle Age Festival – Gubbio
September 22-26. History and legends in a beautiful Medieval village in Italy.
The 7th edition of the Middle Age Festival is taking place in Gubbio from September 22nd to September 26th, 2021.
Ten centuries (476-1492) of history in a celebration of Medieval times: cultural events, exhibitions, markets and shows in one of the most fascinating Italian Medieval towns.
During this exclusive cultural event, Italian and European authors will share their studies about this fascinating period.
The theme of 2021 is: “Time of Dante. Among the events of Middle Age Festival, in-depth analyses of Medieval Gubbio’s locations and characters, tradition and flavors, inventions, stories, myths.
Many other collateral events enrich the five days dedicated to the Middle Age:
- the “Medieval Book Fair“, with large publishing houses and specialized publishers;
- “Miniators from the world“, the appointment during which Italian and foreign expert calligraphers pass down the arts of medieval scriptoria to students and enthusiasts;
- the “Tolkien session”, dedicated to the life and works of the great British writer, author of the “Lord of the Rings”;
- the “Shops of arts and crafts”, an exhibition-market with handicraft products
- “Children’s Middle Ages” with games, readings, animations, art workshops and drawing courses for children.
And also, role-playing games, performances by reenactors, recitals, concerts of medieval music and lectures-shows, guided tours with cultural insights on some themes related to contemporary history.
Gubbio is a wonderful Medieval town!
Discover further beautiful villages in Umbria >>>
(photo: event’s official facebook page)More Information >>>